Apr 6, 2015

21st Century Crab

It's either the bugs or the cold,
there’s always something nipping at your skin.
And no one acts how you want them to—
have you noticed that?
And when people tell me what to do

Get out of my way.
Learn to drive.
Don’t ask me questions you could answer yourself
if you just took an extra two seconds
to look around, it’d be obvious

where’s the bathroom.
I peed like ten minutes ago!
Stuff runs through me like water.
Always eating, always drinking.
Can’t I just be full? I just

wanna lie here and not do a thing.
I’m all itchy and bitchy and
my stomach hasn’t been feeling well.
Why don’t they make a blanket
that just makes you feel good

everywhere, all the time?
I wish I was a rock.
I wish I was a fish.
I wish I was a dog.
I wish I was dead.

I remember one time I was
happy and comfy.
How did that happen?
Did I just forget
what it’s really like

with rain pummeling my tin roof
and a hundred errands, shit
I should really write these things down.
I can’t keep my head straight.
I can’t deal with all this.

The water
is falling
out of the
gutter
and into the mud.




No comments:

Post a Comment