Jan 19, 2013

When There Are More Things I Should Never Have Said than Things I Have Left to Say


the moment will pass like a roach under the floorboards

even now termites are enjoying my words

hopefully there will be time to say memorable things
and no time to regret them

hopefully i will be over soon after, like dust clearing

and yet i have always enjoyed feeling in control

it’s one of my best qualities

i have stood at dark crossroads
at the strangest times with good people

i have found myself a symbol
of the best in this world

i have enjoyed wrong things honestly

some of what i have built still bears sharp edges

i have looked in more eyes than i know names

hopefully feeling in control is like control

i have parked by lakes after sunset

i will enter the ledgers of sin

2 comments:

  1. This piece hits a very nuanced mixture of emotions. I love that. I feel like there's a lot more to be mined here.

    "i have stood at dark crossroads
    at the strangest times with good people"

    Awesome line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I completely stole that line from Mikkel. I'll tell him you liked it though.

      Delete