Jan 23, 2013

Superlative Life


I want foam pits and moon bounces
and enough bushels of bananas to drown in.
I want to get married in white overalls then go
paintballing: courtship is a sport!

Every gathering should have
a coloring station.
Cotton candy venders and hair stylists
should join forces.

Gravity, my long-standing foe,
you’re ruining my bowling score.
Bowling should always have bumpers.
Bumper cars should always have bowling.

Has Shakespeare ever considered a toupee?
Has bigfoot ever considered donating to Locks for Love?
2Pac, Elvis, and Amelia Earheart are hiding out in Bora Bora.
I assume they have hundreds of secret handshakes.

One of these days I’m gonna start
a Bathrobe Friday revolution.
Vending machines will be replaced by piƱatas
and road rage will be a thing of the past.

Every hat will have some Wizard of Oz
character knit to it, so we all look
like we’re slowly, happily
being devoured. Oh my!

Come,
bacon sister,
we have things to do,
people to pie in the face.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you win.

    "Bowling should always have bumpers.
    Bumper cars should always have bowling."

    Like.

    ReplyDelete