Jan 16, 2013

Bring Back the World on a Popsicle Stick


Coconut banana,
dipped in fudge.
This lick
licks away
the gloomy thoughts.
This lick has
sunshine in it.
And this lick
licks away the ozone.
This lick is a lanced boil.
Puss.
Alley rocks in scabby knees.
The birds singing the ice cream man’s
jingling tune all day.
What kinda hoax is this?
Woodchips ain’t ice cream!
Tree bark’s got no sprinkles!
This lick is overpopulation.
This lick poverty.
Funny YouTube videos of people falling.
This lick has so many flavors I never tried before
I don’t understand what’s happening
on my tongue—doesn’t melt.
It’s a cantaloupe core
and gun powder.
Blood across a first-grader’s desk.
Lick away the tears,
the pop of a whiffle ball off a plastic bat
melts cold all over my gums.
Slurping up pesticides.
I like it when the whales get all slushy.
Are you sure this doesn’t have any high-fructose leukemia?
Too fast.
Brain freeze!
And the joke on this thing
isn’t even funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment