Jan 10, 2013

H1N1


I swear I am not malicious.
One by one, I have tried
to find a home in some body,
but they all fight me away.
I promise them seemingly endless
hours of fever dreams, the gift
of a surrealist museum in their head.
Everyone pushes, forces themselves
up like mercury;
so in a hurry to
get somewhere, do something.
It was never my intention
to deplete you,
to make your eyes sink,
your lips white.
When I make your muscles ache,
your eyelids droop,
it is because I know
that the only place you need to be
is in bed, with me.
We can coexist,
you and I,
long after the flu season ends.
Dump the chicken broth
and the orange juice
down the drain,
rest, my dear:
we can be together
always.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Is it a virus talking? Or just someone who wants to find real, lasting love? I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete